HELP US TO HELP THE CHILD(HUHC), was founded and rooted by Mr. Shwet Prakash Srivastava in feb 2012, who did his B.Tech from ABES ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Ghaziabad. He and his sincere team of friends have tried their might and main to contribute themselves for this cause they initiated together. During his second year of graduation, he with his friends started teaching the children of workers (working in college) in the college. Sooner, some more students from college came forward to help this noble initiative. HUHC was his first step at ground level to fulfill all his dreams to make the life of poor kids, his life. HUHC realized the beauty of education in slums and took its initial step on July 17,2012 by opening its very first Literacy Camp at Pratap Vihar,Ghaziabad,UP.
HUHC is working for Child Literacy for over five years now since its inception in Feb 2012. We have been dedicatedly working in ensuring education to children in slums. We have so far achieved in awakening the people in slums about the importance of literacy and the result is very positive. They have now started sending their children to govt. run schools and some have even admitted their kids in nearby private schools with our help. Our team is continuously guarding and guiding them for their bright future.
HUHC is working in the field of empowering children in slums through the Inclusive Tri- Educational Model (ITEM).
1. Literacy Centers : The first mode helps us in reaching to the area where there is lack of education. We design a routine and our volunteers visit to the camps and teach them regularly.
2. A school of Hope, “Kiran Shiksha Sansthan-KSS” : kids, who are nearby ABES engineering College are admitted to the school via a basic entrance test so as to get an idea of how much a student knows and who we believe can do even better with proper support and guidance. Here these kids are taught in an environment very similar to a school.
3. Private Schools : Students from KSS and centers, who do exceptionally good under our supervision and need even more exposure to excel, are admitted to private schools under our scholarship programmes.
1. Literacy Center 1 at Pratap Vihar, Ghaziabad : We started our campaign from Pratap Vihar Center and we found it a very challenging situation, as no child had access to education except a few who were only registered in govt. schools. After four years of HUHC service, most of the children in the area are getting education. Our volunteers mentor them and guide them in shaping their future brighter.
2. Literacy Center 2 at Samrat Chowk, Vijay Nagar, Ghaziabad : Like our previous successful attempt, we started our second Literacy Center in Samrat Chowk in the year 2013. The situation was similar to the first one and what we concluded that it is the same for all the slums and that led to the idea of opening our own school.
3. Literacy Center 3 at Saveri, Greater Noida : We started this Center in Feb 2015.
4. Literacy Center 4 at Maharana Vihar : We started this Centre in May, 2015./p>
5. Literacy Center 5 at Saviour, Ghaziabad : We started this Centre in January, 2016.